Follow Colorado Geographic Alliance - Student Opportunities on Pinterest
Follow Colorado Geographic Alliance – Student Opportunities on Pinterest
Follow Colorado Geographic Alliance Student Opportunities on Pinterest
COGA maintains a unique collection of Student Opportunities on Pinterest. Connect with us there and find activities and programs for every student.
Saturday, February 20, 2016
10AM - 2PM
Denver Center for International Studies
A Call for DPS High School Teams!
THIS IS OPEN TO DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOLS ONLY THIS YEAR. We hope to open this up to other district in the near future.
WorldDenver's Academic WorldQuest will be held on Saturday, February 20, 2016 from 10AM-2PM hosted by Denver Center for International Studies (574 W. 6th Ave., Denver). Academic WorldQuest is a flagship youth education program of the World Affairs Councils of America. It is a team competition that tests high school students knowledge of international affairs and prepares them for the challenges of a more globalized world. It is open to DPS High Schools organizing teams of 4 students and an adult coach (max. 2 teams per school).
Teams compete in Denver on February 20th.
Registration Deadline is February 6, 2016.
Registration, study guide and more information is available at www.WorldDenver.org
We now live in a world of over 7 billion people and demographers expect us to reach 9 billion by mid-century. Human population growth exacerbates many of the innumerable challenges facing our global society. Taking on these complex challenges and finding solutions will require understanding, cooperation and creativity.
Create a short video - up to 60 seconds - about human population growth that highlights one of the following global challenges: Deforestation, Public Health, or Water Scarcity. All videos must include:
- how population growth impacts the issue and
- at least one idea for a sustainable solution. Consider narrowing your focus by concentrating on a subtheme within your topic. Possible subthemes include:
- Deforestation - erosion, clearing for agriculture/pasture, impacts on climate, biodiversity or habitat loss
- Public Health - spread of communicable disease, air quality, sanitation, maternal/reproductive health
- Water Scarcity - aquifer depletion, water conflicts, pollution, impact on girls' education, irrigation
Deadline for submissions: Thursday February 25, 2016.
Upload your video on the entry form.
For more information visit the contest info page.